When my two-year old emptied my knitting basket, (What a Tangled Mess) I found three small balls of marbled silk yarn (fingering weight) in purple, brown and aquamarine. I remembered buying them to make headbands a few years ago. When I started crocheting with them I realized that they wouldn’t really work because the color changed too drastically and too quickly which tended to obscure the design. So, like so many other things, they got thrown in the yarn basket. When my daughter resurrected them, I decided to find a use for them.
I found that by using more than one marbled color, or in combination with other solid yarns, the design was much more clear.
Since the yarn is only fingering weight I ended up having to crochet two extra layers around the outside to get the same width as with the yarn I usually use.
Today I finished a choker using the aqua yarn and nineteen fresh water pearls. I still have a good amount left so I guess I’ll have to get creative again.